Kitchen sinks are one of the familiar places for housewives who need thorough cleaning regularly to keep food hygiene and safety.
Looking at a shiny sink, we often mistakenly think that its relatively clean. But the things that we put in our sinks throughout the day produces a lot of germs, harmful bacteria and odor. Cleaning the sink by these steps will help keep your sink clean and safe without using toxic chemicals or cleaning agents.
You need to prepare:
- Dish soap
- White vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Old toothbrush
- Soft sponge
Maybe you're interested in A New Study Says Washing Dishes, Sweeping, and Folding Clothes Can Prolong Your Life
How to do it:
For daily cleaning, soap and a sponge or soft rag can be used to clean the sink. You can use detergents and cleaning agents, but be careful not to use ammonia, bleach or abrasive cleaners on stainless steel sinks.
1. Rinse your sink thoroughly after each use as salt and acids in food can corrode a stainless sink.
2. Sprinkle baking soda on your sink's surface, add a little water to make them a little mushy and rub it with a sponge.
3. Cover the sink with a white vinegar soaked rag for 20 minutes. Then wash it again with warm soapy water.
4. For the faucet and handle, wipe with mild soap solution. Toothbrushes can be used to scrub hard-to-reach areas. If the stain is still there, use a cloth soaked in white vinegar.
5. After you have completed the steps, wash your sink carefully again and pat it dry with a soft cloth. Your sink will now be shiny and truly clean!
Maybe you're interested in 10 Fast and Cheap Ways to Unclog a Kitchen Sink Drain
1. Sprinkle half a cup of baking soda into the drain then add a cup of white vinegar. The mixture will foam and gurgle. Leave it for a few minutes and then pour boiling water down the drain.
2. Fill the drain with two glasses of ice. Pour a cup of salt on it. Rinse with cold water until the ice is melted. The mixture of ice and salt will help loosen the dirt on the wall of the drain pipe.
3. Cut a lemon and pour its juice around the drain. Lemons will clean and eliminate the stench on the drain.
Watch next: How to Clean a Refrigerator - Kitchen Cleaning Ideas