In the spectrum of color, colors can have different meanings and appeal to different people. Violet and blue have depress feeling to them, like the saying: "Feeling blue". On the other hand, the color red means happy or sometimes lucky in western culture. According to science, here are why red can make you more attractive.
Science backs this up and claims colour can often be the sole reason someone purchases a product.
Maybe you're interested in 5 Basic Steps Turning Normal Jeans To Ripped Jeans
- Turns out that wearing red makes you feel more attractive. There are many studies that are backing the statement. The European Journal of Social Psychology, for instance,found that people feel more physically attractive when they’re wearing red.
- Researchers in Germany studied a group of 180 people wearing red and blue. After students were made to check out their reflections in mirrored cubicles, the ones who wore red rated themselves higher in attractiveness compared those in blue. They also rated themselves higher in sex appeal compared to those clothed in blue. They reportedly also felt more confident.
- Research also points to the fact noted that introverts who normally shy away from attention, view themselves differently after wearing red clothes.
- Yet another study confirms that the colour red is an 'attention-grabbing shade,' which is why people feel good in red.
- According to a study conducted by Britain's University of Lincoln, red increases one's perceived sexual receptivity.
Watch: Are Women Who Wear Red More Attractive Social Experiment.
A 2010 study found that women viewed men as more attractive when they wore red. The colour is mentally associated with power and, so, it makes them perceive you the same way.
A red tie, bow, shoes (may be) tends to work for men. Similarly, women who wear red tend to get stand out in a crowd.
Researchers have found that waitresses wearing red received bigger tips from male customers; women wearing red lipstick were approached more quickly and more oftenby men in a bar; and men were more likely to email the same woman when she wore red in a photo on her online dating profile.
Suffice it to say, red can represent a thousand emotions and speak more words still. So, if you're someone whose currently in between jobs and giving interviews, consider wearing a hint of red, nothing overpowering, so you make a good impression.
Watch next: Hair Loss in Women - Self-Help Tips.