Veins help blood flow to the heart in a certain direction. If these veins are damaged or weakened, blood will flow backward causing varicose veins.
There are many causes of varicose veins such as age, weight, standing or sitting for a long time, pregnancy, genetics... Here are some of the best tips for treating varicose veins at home and how to prevent them.
Tomato seeds have anticoagulant effect, improve blood flow, reinforce the thickness and durability of cell membranes.
• Chopped 2 tomatoes, pureed.
• Apply 3-4 times a day, for at least 2 months.
Olive oil contains fatty acids, vitamin E and minerals, which help improve blood circulation and restore vein function.
• Use warm olive oil, massaging the skin for a few minutes.
• Do 2 times daily for at least 2 months.
Garlic has very strong anti-inflammatory properties, which reduces venous swelling. Helps strengthen veins and blood vessels, preventing damage.
Lemons help protect cells and prevent varicose veins, according to research by the American Society for Clinical Nutrition.
• Take 10 cloves of garlic, crush them, put them into a jar.
• Squeeze 3 lemons, add juice to the garlic jar.
• Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Soak for 10 hours.
• Apply 2 times a day, for at least one month.
Vinegar lowers blood fats, preventing blood clots. Aloe vera and carrots contain minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that help protect and regenerate damaged skin tissue.
• Puree a carrot, strain the water.
• Mix well: 1 tbsp carrot juice, 1 tbsp aloe vera juice, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
• Apply to skin, 3 times a day for a month.
Cabbage is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, prevent blood clots and backflow.
• 3 leaves of cabbage, chopped, pureed, juiced.
• Apply the juice to your skin at least 3 times a day.
Avoid sitting or standing for too long: You should move every half hour to reduce intravenous pressure and improve blood circulation.
Exercise: Walking or jogging improves blood flow and prevents varicose veins. Stop immediately if you feel discomfort or pain during your exercises.
Maintain a healthy weight: Excess weight puts pressure on veins, damaging valves, causing varicose veins, especially for women and the elderly.
Use essential oils: Some essential oils can be used to treat and prevent varicose veins: cypress, lemon, rose, German chamomile, olive, vitamin E. Apply essential oils and massage several times a day.
Avoid wearing high heels: High heels cause a buildup of blood in the leg veins. Should limit wearing high heels. Remember to wear medical compression stockings when wearing high heels.
Change your diet: A copper-rich diet helps promote blood circulation and reduces venous swelling. Copper is abundant in the organs, especially the liver, in shrimp, oysters, spirulina, mushrooms, nuts, leafy greens, dark chocolate... Antioxidant-rich fruits like blueberries, dark chocolate, artichoke cotton, walnuts, strawberries, black tiger, raspberry, beans, red grapes, spinach, beetroot, salad , sweet potato yellow... also helps prevent varicose veins.
Watch next: Prevent Varicose Veins & Spider Veins