We talked too much about environmental pollution, the negative effects of environmental pollution on human life and the future. But we still don't have much action to prevent them from growing.
Here are 11 heartbreaking photos that will show you the reality of our environment right now:
1. By the time this tortoise was found, it was assumed that it had this plastic ring caught around it's shell when it was younger and because of that, it has grown deformed like this. The next time you're around a water body and think it is harmless to throw plastic garbage into it, think again.
2. China’s Chang Jiang River looks like this now because of all the waste.
3. The waste from water bodies doesn't just affect the marine life and the water quality but also birds. This bird ingested so much plastic that it died.
Watch: New Leonardo DiCaprio Climate Crisis Documentary Trailer Just Dropped On HBO
4. This bird is the victim of an oil spill and you can see the fear in its eyes.
Maybe you're interested in 4 agencies, 11 tons of record garbage are cleaned up on Mount Everest
5. We are quick to admire the beauty of Mount Everest and applaud all those people who manage to reach it, but here's a photo of a sherpa gathering up waste left behind on Mount Everest at 8,000 meters.
6. For some, this is how surfing has become because of all the garbage left in water bodies.
7. Thanks to oil spills and waste, from factories as well as by human, the marine life has suffered. Here's a photo of a water body in Rio De Janeiro where all the fish have died.
8. The water this child is drinking is probably not clean as you can see the garbage kept around but he probably has no other options. 844 million people lack even a basic drinking-water service, according to a report by WHO.
9. Hong Kong is one of the most polluted cities in the world. It is said that the visibility is less than eight kilometers for 30 per cent of the year. It got so bad that they had to install a fake skyline to give the illusion of a clear and blue sky.
10. It might seem like this child is swimming in fields of green but it's all algae. A photo from China shows a rather sad reality of how children in the coming generations will grow up.
Maybe you're interested in World Environment Day: Stop using plastic and plant trees for a good future
11. This photo shows the true extent of global warming. Polar bears are losing their habitat because of us and we need to stop.
Watch next: UNEP - What we have done with the environment